Sunday, June 10, 2012

The First 8 Weeks

Well, my first 8 week challenge comes to an end today.  The second, starts tomorrow!  That ought to tell you how great this has been and I hope it motivates you to take on your own challenge. 

The reason I (and many of my co-challengers) am/are taking on a new challenge immediately after the last one is simple.  We humans don't have the memories of elephants.  I need to keep this lifestyle going and, without "a challenge," I might actually forget.

I might forget that - exercising 5 days a week has helped me to feel better, helped me move more freely, helped me be a better me.

I might forget that my body really needs 64 ounces of water EVERY day.

I might forget that my body feels so much better when I avoid sugar!

I might forget the feeling of health that comes from all the nutrients in all those fruits and vegetables!

And worst of all, I might forget that taking care of me is ultra important because it allows me to live and share my life with those I love.  


In 8 weeks, I've lost 15.6 lbs. (Insert huge cheers for me!!!!)

And best of all -- I feel better about me.  I look in the mirror, and though the image is not what I want to see yet, I see someone who is finally, FINALLY, headed in the right direction.  And that, feels good! 






1 comment: